Exhibits at the Scott County Historical Society illuminate Scott County’s people, places, and events. Comprised of text, photographs, graphics, artifacts, and active/interactive components for both children and adults, exhibits at the SCHS help the society fulfill its mission of sharing the history and cultural heritage of Scott County.
- Central Hallway – topics change on a nine (9) month schedule
- Maurice Stans family and government life – permanent display
- Central Gallery – topics usually change on an bi-annual basis every September
- Native American Gallery – in process!
- Scott County Courthouse – topics cover Scott County and exhibits change four times a year
- Prior Lake City Hall – topics cover Prior Lake and change twice a year
- Prior Lake Library – three year installation covering Prior Lake from the 1860s to the present
- Shakopee Community Center – topics cover Shakopee and change twice a year
- Shakopee Library – topics cover Shakopee and are installed as requested by the library
Have a great idea for a new offsite exhibit? Email Info, Executive Director, or give her a call at 952.445.0378.
Note to Teachers
Designed with Minnesota Standards for Teaching benchmarks in mind, our exhibits make great field grips for your classes. See our Guided Tour page , or call 952.445.0378 for more information.