Historic Sites

The Minnesota River Valley is filled with historic sites and the Scott County Historical Society maintains one such site – the Dutch Colonial Revival Stans House constructed in 1908.  The house is located next to the SCHS’s museum in Shakopee.  Guided tours of the home are available upon request. Read more about our group tours. Learn more about our guided guided tours.

Scott County has numerous sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places as well as sites deemed important at the local level.  Below is a list of several historic buildings and districts in the county, along with a downloadable map of a self-guided tour of the historic sites in Shakopee.


Belle Plaine (Historical Society, 952-873-6109)

Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration
Hooper-Bowler-Hillstrom House.


Elko New Market

St. Nicholas Catholic Church


Jordan

S. B. Strait House This site is maintained by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Jordan Brewery
Jordan Historic District


New Prague

St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church
Broz Hotel


Shakopee

Stans House
Strunk-Nyssen House
Shakopee Brewery Ruins