Bring your tour group, club or organization to SCHS!
- Get in depth, background information about SCHS exhibits
- Tour a historic 1908 house and find out what life was like in Scott County at the turn of the century
- Learn how to delve into YOUR family story in our research library
Bring your school, scout troop or community organization to SCHS!
The Scott County Historical Society has a long history of providing quality educational programming to Scott County. A field trip to SCHS provides opportunities to…
- tour different exhibits with hands-on opportunities
- Explore a historic 1908 house, try out a victrola, feel a cotton sack dress, and pump some water in the kitchen
- Play hoops, graces and other historic games in the garden
- Complete a hands-on historic craft project in the library.
- Learn a little about archaeology and try your hand at typology and reconstruction
A tour of the museum and historic house takes about an hour and a half. Adding on historic games or a craft will add another half hour to your program. For large groups, we can arrange these tours “round robin” style with different groups exploring the house, playing games in the garden, touring the museum or doing a craft simultaneously.
A tour of the museum and house costs $3.00 per student, with FREE admission for teachers, group leaders and chaperones.
Adding on a craft, historic games program or archaeology program is an additional $1.00 per student.