- Who: Everyone from K-12 students to adults.
- What: A variety of guided public tours of the museum and/or the 1908 Stans House, as well as other historic Scott County locations. We can even arrange special programs or tailor a tour to your group, including hands-on activities such as churning butter, grinding wheat, planting corn, beating rugs and playing games on the lawn (weather permitting).
- Why: To celebrate and share the history of Scott County.
- When: Varies.
- Cost: Regular admission fees apply – adults $4, students $2. Groups of 15 or more may receive a 10% discount on admission
- FREE: No extra fees for guides or hands-on activities. Free admission for tour group operators and bus drivers.
- Register: Tours must be scheduled in advance. To book a tour, call 952.445.0378, or send us an email.
To be considered for a docent position, contact the Program Manager at 952.445.0378, or send us an email.
For Youth and School Groups
- Tours include our exhibits and the Stans house, as well as hands-on activities that meet Scouting badge requirements.
- K-12 field-trip program guided exhibit tours available.
- Tours for all types of groups, including “Red Hats” and seniors, are led by staff or a knowledgeable docent.
- Tours are of the museum galleries and may include the Stans House as requested.
- Check our events calendar to the left for information about special offsite tours, including the Scott County Brewery Pub Crawl.
- Civil War Cemetery Tours: The Scott County Historical Society is leading several Civil War cemetery tours throughout Scott County over the next couple years to recognize the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War. Please check our calendar or special events page for details.